Monday, June 22, 2009

Death By Biscuit (Almost)

So to give you a lil background of the situation, my husband is in school right now because he is switching jobs in the navy. He usually has to get up around 4:30 or 5:30 am depending on the day. Some mornings they have to P.T so they are running anywhere from 3 to 7 miles as soon as they get there. Needless to say my hubs isn't particularly a morning person. He gets up, gets dressed, and heads out the door in a zombie like manner. He is usually in school until like 5:00 or 6:00 pm. So that is like 12 hours a day that he is putting in.
Being the caring wife that I am :) I noticed that Hubs wasn't eating ANYTHING before he left in the mornings. I am a HUGE Advocate for breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day and gets your whole body ready to seize the day. So I went to the grocery and found some good quick breakfast options for Seth. Things that don't require any prep time or even that much brain power to fix, because as mentioned above Seth is in zombie mode. One of which was these little mini Microwavable Sausage Biscuits. 35 seconds in the microwave and ta-da...Breakfast.
Everything was going smoothly with the whole breakfast thing, until this morning I wake up to the smell of something BURNING. Which if you have never had the pleasure of waking up to a face full of smokiness, let me reassure you, your not missing out. Seth comes into the bedroom and says "Don't mind the smell, everything is ok. I just burned my biscuit." In your mind you are thinking "Oh they biscuit just got overcooked" or " Maybe he is over exaggerating"

Real quick, for those of you who don't know, a mini frozen sausage biscuit in its original form looks something like this...



But I am thinking to myself from the intensity of the smell it has to be worse than what I am imagining. I get up go into the kitchen and this is what I find....


Wrapped up in a paper towel



As I start to unfold this monstrosity, it is getting worse



And this is what the poor lil biscuit looks like now.



Really I have never seen anything like this


So in his zombie like state, instead of cooking the biscuit for 35 seconds, Seth set the microwave for 3:35 seconds! WOW! So I guess from here on out we are doing Cinnamon Toast Crunch from here on out!

4 comments:

YESH said...

HAHAHAHAHHAHA! Great Story Sheen. Hey Seth, go with a peanut butter with bagel in the morn. Breakfast of Champs and Me.

Sheena said...

I am a multi grain english muffin and natural peanut butter gal! Seth doesnt like peanut butter unfortunately! Maybe we can convert him.

YESH said...

and he is related to me? what happened?

Anonymous said...

The same thing happened to me once when I cooked a pop-tart for 12 minutes instead of 12 seconds.

It was GROSS!!!