Sunday, July 1, 2007

Choose your weekend getaways wisely


So after much deliberation I have decided that I am never again going to step foot on an amusement park ride. I have been going to amusement parks since I was a little kid and I loved the thrill of a lightning fast roller coaster that did triple loops and 90 degree drops. The crazier it seemed the more I enjoyed it, but once again today I read on Yahoo of an amusement park accident where a 21 year old woman was ejected from a ride and killed. The same ride that three years earlier had killed a young boy, and just a week ago I found out about a 13 year old girl who had her feet severed from her body while riding the "Superman Tower of Power" at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. If that isn't enough for you a 7 year old boy died while riding "Mission Space" at Walt Disney World, and that ride does not even leave the ground!!! So all morning I have just been intrigued by these stories of amusement park tragedies, and I have just read story after story of different events that have taken place.
It is just weird because I have always been naive to the fact that these kinds of rides could severely injure or kill you.
The first summer that Seth and I were dating we all took a road trip to Cedar Point, which is basically the roller coaster capital of America. Seth , Tad and I were all hyped up to ride all the rides and our friend Joey ran away and hid from us so he wouldn't have to ride, and we teased and mocked him for being a baby. I just want to say "Summers you were right!!"

1 comment:

Seth said...

Joey was actually right about something??? Who Knew!