Saturday, May 2, 2009

Not for the weak stomachs of the world

Presley had her surgery yesterday. It was a hernia repair and we got her spayed all at the same time. I felt so bad for my lil baby. She has never had any major surgery, or been put under anesthesia. I took her in at 8:00 a.m. and her surgery was supposed to be soon after. I called back at noon like I was told and they had some urgent cases come in so Presley got pushed back. I felt so horrible knowing that my sweet lil pup was at that vets office, in a cage, hungry, thirsty and wondering where in the heck her parents are, and why are all these dogs barking!

Her surgery went really well and we picked her up around 4:30 p.m. and she was still groggy from the meds. Poor lil thing could barely keep her eyes open, but it was so heart warming when she saw Seth and myself her lil tail just started wagging like crazy. She cant do any exercise, or jump on anything for 10-14 days. She also has one of those Elizabethan Cones around her head so she looks like a space dog. Since she is a nesting dog that cone has definitely threw a monkey wrench in the way that she gets comfy and sleeps. The worst thing though has to be the drain they had to put in to make sure fluid didnt collect around her incision. She gets it removed Monday morning first thing.
So since we cant take a chance of letting her jump off the bed, I have adjusted my sleeping arrangements. I took the cushions off the couch and wrapped a sheet around them and Presley and I are sleeping in the living room floor. Its actually not as bad as it sounds. Our couch is pretty soft so it makes for a pretty good bed for the two of us. I will keep everyone updated. Thanks for everyone who called texted and FB messaged! Feels good to know Presley is so loved!!


Still drunk from the anesthesia

Her drain and hernia scar
You can see both her scars. They had to shave her lil belly!!! :(


Looking a lil more like herself this morning

1 comment:

Our Empty Nest said...

Hope Presley gets well soon. From your old neighbors back home in Sugar Grove.